About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Atlantic Arts Center Diary


I'm at the Atlantic Arts Center in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. I've been here since Monday. There are about 16 or 17 other associate artists and 3 master artists in residence here. There is also a staff of 5 or 6 folks making meals and keeping the lights on for us. We represent three disciplines -- playwriting, visual arts, and music.

I'm here as a playwright.

The playwrights are working with Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Paula Vogel. Tonight I have to write a 3 to 5 page play where the world ends -- so I'll have to go soon.

Also -- Tropical Depression (soon to be storm) Ophelia is spinning off the coast here. We're feeling the effects. Winds and sudden torrential downpours have been common since Monday night.

So there you go.

Unless the power goes out we've got lots o' air condition.

More updates later ---

No comments: