About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Doctor Faustus - a tragical tale



Saw DOCTOR FAUSTUS at Connecticut College last night, directed by my friend Donny Levit. It held my interest throughout, although the undergraduate cast was uniformly earnest and so a little drab -- that is until the 7 deadly sind showed up. The show never lost the fun and energy they brought to liven up the joint.

In the end, bad things for Faustus. This was Marlowes version after all.

Thanks to masks and wicked imagery the ensemble cast was able to change roles and weave an interesting evening of theater of the damned.

No comments: