About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Grandchildren of the Buffalo Soldiers

I went to Grandchildren of the Buffalo soldiers and I can sum it up in one word -- "Blech!" We left at intermission...it was that bad. This was the most amaturish production I have ever ever beheld for a professional theater company. The play itself, while an admirable subject was flawed with your basic playwriting 101 flaws. Yelling does not mean dramatic conflict -- monologues should be used sparingly -- exposition should come out of the natural dramatic progression of the play, not just a litany in the first three scenes.

Total dreck.

Again i say ---

"BLECH!"

No comments: