About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Arts Caravan

I'm getting ready to launch the ARTS CARAVAN. It's a project I will run that will connect people living around the New London area with other folks attending shows and arts events around Connecticut and Rhode Island. This way people can connect before or after a show, have someone to share the experience with out side of their regular sphere. Kinda like why fitness programs tell you to hook up with a work-out partner. This is getting connected to an "Art-Out" bunch of folks. That could be a cool thing.

I've created an MSN Group that will be the on-line hub for information and conversation threads. I have a little more work to do on the look and organization of the site, but it should be ready to go in about a week -- maybe sooner.

I'd also like to put together a once-a-month meeting of people who want to talk about the arts. We'd have a topic and agenda of other items. We could even discuss new plays or theater or art books that we select to read -- like a reader's theater sort of deal. I'm sure I could find a space around town (for free) to host the meetings.

This is along my Artist as Ambassador philosophy. It's the responsibility of artsts to be a conduit between themselves and the art -- an ambassador -- able to speak both languages -- and be willing to invite folks from the outside into their world and help them understand what it's about.

More on this later...

No comments: