About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Monday, January 30, 2006

The puppets from Seussical

this is Tyler Menard singing and operating one of the puppets he created for Seussical the Musical @ The Spirit of Broadway Theater in Norwich -- the show runs until February 12th -- so there's still time to see Tyler in action. www.spiritofbroadway.org


Here's more of the hand puppets -- they are part of the Who community -- on the small planet of Who that has been found floating on a dust speck by Horton the Elephant.

Tyler, the guy in the first photo, designed and constructed the puppets. he is studying puppetry at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, and has been performing with the SoBT for many years -- I remember him as a duckling a few years back in a production of HONK! Now he's a puppet-master. Kudos, Tyler!

I heard from Tyler today, and sent him copies of the pix with the puppets...so I thought I'd post them here to share with lots o' folks.

Seussical the Musical January 5 thru February 12, 2006
Book and Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, Music by Stephen Flaherty
Co-Conceived by Lynn Ahrens, Stephen Flaherty & Eric Idle
Based on the works of Dr. Seuss
Co-Directed by Brett A. Bernardini & Lisa Foss
at The Spirit of Broadway Theater 24 Chestnut Street, Norwich
860.886.2378
on the web at www.spiritofbroadway.org

No comments: