About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Cyrano De Almost Worth It...


Cyrano De Bergerac is the final show of the season at Trinity Rep -- and it was almost good. I was impressed with the production and found my self surprised at how fun the production was -- until it ground to a halt with the final scene.

Oh my freakin' god...couldn't that lame duck--wrap up the plot points--die Cyrano DIE ALREADY-- scene be adapted -- or better -- cut from the play?

Up until then -- the production works. After that point it dies dies DIES! Gack! Blech! An otherwise fine production was pretty much ruined by the meandering stale end.

Oh well. Nice try.

No comments: