About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Podcasting from the American Theater Wing

An Earful for Theater Lovers
Podcasting the Great White Way
By June Thomas
Posted Friday, May 12, 2006, at 3:27 PM ET

...........
The hosts of Downstage Center, XM Radio's John von Soosten and the American Theatre Wing's Howard Sherman, are both knowledgeable, poised interviewers who bring years of theater expertise to the conversation. Their guests are the cream of Broadway and beyond. Recent visitors include actors Patti LuPone, Jill Clayburgh, Cherry Jones, and Jonathan Pryce; directors Doug Hughes and Susan Stroman; composer/lyricist Jerry Herman; authors John Patrick Shanley and Paula Vogel; and the Public Theatre's artistic director, Oskar Eustis.

Because the interviewers seem to have seen every show and memorized every cast album from the last few decades, the guests always appear completely at ease as they chat for 35 to 50 minutes about their careers and their latest gigs. It's a master class in interview technique as much as anything else.

...................

http://www.slate.com/id/2141726/

No comments: