About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

SITO @ Looking Glass Diary

Swimming in the Ocean is agoing to be staged at the Looking Glass Theater in NYC as part of their summer director's forum in June.

So far so good. The director has had some really great ideas and I am impressed with her understanding of the play. i might travel into the city to see this one.

This particular play has been performed many times -- this is about its 15th production. it is a short play, so i never make any money from it, but it does get done.

With this production I just got word that the director would like to include a live violin to create the sound effects. i said "Go for it." It's an exciting idea -- and will either be brilliant or potentially annoying as hell -- but that's the chance you take. I think it's a great idea, and its one of many things that is fueling my interest in seeing this production.

No comments: