About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Orpheus Project: a bit of bliss thru the underworld


Kate Downie and Jermey Shelton at the moment of Eurydice's death by the snake bite on her wedding day.

Wow-a-kazowa.

The Orpheus Project was AWESOME.

I mean it.

A W E S O M E .

We got together a little afternoon last Saturday and rehearsed the whole piece together. Just that one time. A collection of artists. Some from New York, some from Providence, so from Ledyard, Mystic, and New London, all coming together at The Dragon's Egg and presenting a take on love and loss organized around the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.



This is one take on the myth -- Persephone and Eurydice in a movement/discussion over the rules regarding Eurydice's walk to out of the underworld. (This piece was mind-blowing)



Mary Tuomanen and a couple of sock puppets brought an upbeat shift on the walk out of the underworld.

Next year there will be another project pulled together from various sources and artists. I can't wait.

No comments: