About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Minotaurs. Toreros. DIARY: site launched!

I've just finished launching the web site for Minotaurs. Toreros. a play of mine that is receiving a workshop production later this month.

http://members.aol.com/theplanningstage

My friend kate is an actor living in NYC, but is home this summer and wanted to do one of my new plays, so we agreed to coproduce this one. It's one of the "bake-off" plays that i wrote while in residence at The Atlantic Center for the Arts with Paula Vogal last fall. We found an art gallery in downtown New London that is loaning us their space and we're putting together the rest of the production.

We've just completed the first week of rehearsals and so far we've been having a great time.

Let me know if there are any glitches with the site (the aol.members space is free, but sometimes you have to reload the page if it gets stuck -- alas).


the Planning Stage presents
Minotaurs. Toreros.
a new play by Kato McNickle

a woman matador prepares for a fight
a boy finds a magic ring
a girl dressed in blue finds a yellow bead
a handsome gypsy casts a spell

Minotaurs. Toreros. is a fusion of
myth, flamenco, and the poetry of Lorca.


July 20 thru 23, 2006
Thursday at 8:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 7:00 PM & 8:30 PM
Sunday at 6:00 PM
in the Golden Street Gallery
New London, Connecticut
$3 to $10 sliding scale
donation at the door.
860.445.2909
theplanningstage@aol.com

No comments: