About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Coming in October to The Planning Stage

In October The Planning Stage will be presenting Sometimes I Feel Like I Missed the Train by Michael R. McGuire @ The Golden Street Gallery in New London, Connecticut.

Here's a little about the play:
Fred, a socially awkward engineer, becomes obsessed with Susan, the married bartender at the local watering hole, setting into motion the destruction of her fragile marriage and family. Sometimes I Feel Like I Missed the Train explores sexual obsession, jealousy and the consequences of parents who cling to their youthful identities and ignore the responsibilities of parenthood.

Here's a little about Michael:
Michael R. McGuire is a 2005 recipient of the CT Artist Fellowship Grant for his play THE NEW GIRL from the CT Commission on Culture and Tourism. His plays PERSEPHONE RULES! (ADVENTURES OF A TEENAGE GODDESS) and THE MISJUDGMENT OF OENONE were published in 2004 by Brooklyn Publishers. His play SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I MISSED THE TRAIN was read in NYC as part of the Lark Play Development Center's 2004 Playwrights' Week. His plays KITCHEN ROMANTICS, PERSEPHONE RULES!, AND IT'S ALL ABOUT MITCH were produced at New London's Secret Theatre. His play WHAT'S GONNA SET YOU FREE? was part of the 1995 Local Playwrights Festival at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center and was later produced at the Avery Point campus of the University of Connecticut. McGuire has written numerous other plays, two novels and four screenplays.

We're still nailing down the dates, but we've got a promising cast and an interesting downtown venue. We'll keep you posted about the production.

No comments: