About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who you workin' with?

If you're writing plays for anything more than a puppet show in your kitchen, then you've run into the realities of the marketplace.

Sure, we've all heard folks moan, "It's all about who you know," like there's some magic cocktail party to attend with a pocket full of business cards and two months later you'll be viewing a production of your play.

I believe there's something more radical (and more obvious) than the "who you know" syndrome.  I think it's really, "Who have you worked with?" That's the one that's your foot and your play in the door.

So, the million dollar question - "Who are you working with?"

No comments: