About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Yes"

A week or two ago I got to see a play by National Theater Institute alum Sara Farrington, "Mickey and Sage". Afterward there was an energetic talk-balk with the 30 NTI students and the cast and writer of this small, travelling show (worth seeing, BTW). During this talk back all of the actors and the playwright/director talked about the power of saying "yes" throughout the process.  Each had said "yes" to involvement in the project. There was no money, no glitz, no real hook, other than the excitement of doing the work.

Accepting the invitation is an important part of the process.  If you can say "Yes" to something - say "YES" and see where it takes you.

No comments: