About Me

My photo

I dig jazz and single-malt scotch.  I write plays; I direct them too. I love STAR WARS more than is healthy. I walk my dogs every day, unless it's raining or terribly cold.

Friday, January 23, 2015

My Date with Lost in Space

What you have to understand about me and Lost in Space is that it was my first favorite show. It was the reason I knew what day of the week it was and why I learned to tell time at age five. I had no concept of cancellation. While I had outgrown the notion of small beings that lived in the TV set and understood it was a transmission of fictional visual stories, I had no idea that we would not all grow old together. The Lost in Space crew and I would continue, and I would look in on them every week with the stories getting better and better. That was the contract, or so I thought. Lost in Space was my first lesson that things, even the best things, end.

No comments: